(Photo taken by Bonphotage Photography)
After the engagement, you first need to determine your budget and guest list. This will help you with the next step….
Choosing a wedding venue. Determining your guest list will show you how big of a space you will need and outlining your budget will help you choose a venue that stays with in your price range.
When searching for a wedding venue you will want to ask the right questions to help make your decision and know what each place has to offer. Here is a list of 2o questions to ask a wedding venue before choosing your location.
20 Questions To Ask A Wedding Venue
- What is the rental fee? What does this include and exclude?
- What is the deposit and cancelation policy?
- How many can the room accommodate for a seated dinner, buffet dinner, cocktail reception?
- Is the space shared with another event? How is privacy ensured?
- How many hours are included in the rental rate? What is the cost of overtime?
- Are there any restrictions on the type of music, number of musicians or time played?
- Are there any rules on decorations, flowers or photography?
- Is there heating and air conditioning?
- Do they have an in house caterer or preferred list? Can you bring in your own caterer?
- Can you do a food tasting before choosing the menu?
- Do they provide bar service?
- Do they have liability insurance?
- Do they require vendors to have any insurance?
- Is there a location for a ceremony?
- Is there parking for guests? Are there any parking fees?
- Do they have a bridal suite?
- Do they provide tables, chairs and linens?
- Is the venue handicap accessible?
- If you are using the outside, what is the backup plan for rain?
- What time can vendors start setting up?
I hope you found this article helpful. Please feel free to print this out and take it with you to your venue meetings. If you have anything to add, please comment below.