Leslie, over at Style Onsite has kindly shared some easy tips for your hair and makeup trial. Read on for great advice.
- Bring lots of pictures: Hair and makeup artists are very visual people so pictures are important. Having more than one picture is always good too.
- When picking out pictures pick people who look like you: You will have a better chance of being able to achieve your look. Ex. If you are a blonde with fine hair don’t pick the picture of the brunette with thick hair down to her butt!
- Make sure you are specific on what you like and don’t like about each picture: Ex. I like the front of this up-do but not the back, I love her red lipstick but she has too much blush etc.
- Once you go over everything you like and want ask your artist to repeat it back to you: It’s not rude at all, being on the same page is important and way more efficient
- Don’t be afraid to speak up during the trail: Whether it’s positive or negative. Ex. I like the way you did the part or there’s to much height in the front. It helps the artist know your wants.
- When you have the perfect final look and your feel like a beautiful bride take lots of pictures: Sometimes when a trial is done weeks in advance it’s hard to remember exactly how you wanted it. It’s always good to have a reference to go back to!